Monday, April 15, 2013

"Gas Company Man"

My first posted poem is one that I wrote while in college living in Koreatown with one of my favorite roommates and friends.

Gas Company Man

I fell in love with the Gas Company man...
he really knows how to make a fire,
On the stove tops he bristle brushed and chipped away
at my crusted over desire.

He told me that vinegar and water was all I needed
if it ever happened again,
As he tucked his blond hair behind his ears,
and my hips began to open.

He talked of how lonely people often called his services
for no reason,
To treasure the talk time of this fire-making man
during this lonliest holiday season
(and for that this job pleased him.)

Dressed all in blue from his eyes to his socks,
he's not what mother hoped for,
But neither am I, as he says goodbye,
and walks heavily out my door.

So what's a woman to do
left with her coffee cup and pages?
Writing of a man who will be never again,
but has been loved over the ages.

He walked into the sun,
into the bright,
Away from another stove fixed,
and my newly lit pilot light.

No comments:

Post a Comment