Sunday, April 21, 2013

"Colors" by Shel Silverstein


Good Morning! 

I wanted to share with you today, one of my favorite Shel Silverstein poems, "Colors." Many of my most beloved books as a child were written by Shel, mainly Where the Sidewalk Ends, The Giving Tree and A Light in the Attic. I was reintroduced to Shel as an adult when my boyfriend lovingly bought me Where the Sidewalk Ends for Christmas of 2011. I am awestruck at his sincerely silly writing and spindly pencil illustrations every time I open that book. 


Colors by Shel Silverstein

My skin is kind of sort of brownish 
Pinkish yellowish white. 
My eyes are grayish blueish green, 
But I’m told they look orange in the night. 
My hair is reddish blondish brown,
But it’s silver when it’s wet. 
And all the colors I am inside 
Have not been invented yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment