Saturday, April 20, 2013

"A Garden" a poem by Jess Coffman

Ron Finley's speech inspired my boyfriend and I to start a garden of our own. It is actually something we have been day dreaming about for years, but it was Ron's frank words that kicked our asses into gear. This is a picture of our garden only two weeks old! We were so surprised and elated at how quickly the seedlings sprouted. 


Last year I wrote a poem entitled "A Garden." when I was having one of my daydreams about our future.  I think it is just the right fit for my garden theme of the day :)


A Garden
A Garden grown for two
Is what I’ve dreamed for me and you.
Kale for me and pumpkin just for you.

A Garden behind a Home
Were laughter is our metronome.
With soup on the stove, we promise to never roam.

Cause you make me feel light and breezy,
Like a wish that was cast into the sea.
And loving you is oh so easy,
You’re my anchor, though you let me be free.

A Home that’s small and sweet,
That comforts big and tiny feet.
We’ll paint on the porch and dance to our own beat.

A Home that tells a Tale,
Of a family’s Love that could never fail.
And it all began from a dream of pumpkin and kale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment