Sunday, June 16, 2013

" On the other side of 'Sometimes' " a poem by Jess Coffman


This poem is written as a follow-up to my last poem entitled "Sometimes." It is stunning,  the kind of clarity you can get regarding forgiveness when you find yourself needing it. 


On the other side of 'Sometimes'

Elbows brush,
Tension stings through,
I have no idea what to do.

I cannot sleep,
I long to touch,
But I've hurt you just a little too much.

I wish to blink.
To find morning here,
The silent storm passed,
The sky clear.

But instead I wait, 
Now on the other side,
Without Victory, without pride. 

I whisper apologies,
in your hair,
I've been stubborn, 
I've been unaware. 

Awaiting Relief,
In need of Forgiving,
What a lesson in Love,
What a lesson in Living. 



These photos are of the same bronze statue within the Rodin Museum in Philadelphia. I unfortunately did not write down the name of this statue, but her prominent elbows and conflicted form created the perfect image to accompany this poem for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment