Monday, June 17, 2013

"Dear Daddy" a poem by Jess Coffman


I wrote this poem last year for my Dad for Father's Day. My Dad is truly one-of-a-kind, one to be celebrated and thanked. 

Dear Daddy

A Daddy is someone who tickles you in bed,
Then tucks you in tight from your feet to your head.
But when dreams are scary and give you a fright,
Daddy let's you sleep in his armpit all night.

A Dad is someone who sings you awake,
Who makes you laugh after a dreaded earthquake.
He'll give you a ride on the back of his bike,
And teach you that life is a wonderful hike.

A Father is someone who shows the right way,
And keeps you in line when you're starting to stray.
He scares all your dates,  He only wants the best.
Though you felt confined then, Now you see you were blessed.

A Friend is someone who travels to see,
You fulfill your dreams without fame or money.
He listens to your thoughts and helps explain boys,
He shares his life wisdom and shares in your joys. 

My Dad is someone who I'll love all my days,
For his strong, supportive, and humorous ways.
He's one-of -a-kind, and I thank God above,
For his leadership, loyalty and unending love. 




No comments:

Post a Comment