Thursday, September 1, 2016

"Loving Fire" a poem by Jess Coffman

We huddled around the fire of our collective sparks, 
And marveled at the glow of it all.
Not one light shining brighter than the blaze of the whole, 
But each flame unique in its own grace and fury.

Our fire devoured goodness.

We fed it with the kindling of kindness, 
embraces and words of praise and mercy. 
We could feel as a whole, 
when our blaze was dimmed by sadness, 
And a few would rush to the individual, 
to stoke him back to brilliance, with loving fire.
Our love then became so abundant, 
and the fire so ablaze and ravishing, 
That we had to give it away.
A little bit at a time, 
to those needing a torch in the night.

They took of us, and lit themselves up with it, 

Not even quite knowing what it was, 
or what was happening to them.
The pure soul fire of joy, ignited and elating their being.
And we waved ecstatically goodbye, as they took the gift away, 
To light up their own individual existences. 

I watched you with pride as you lifted up your hands, 

And sang out your soul each night.
A dancing spark floated from out of your mouth and hands, 
into the hot pink sky, and all the way up to the stars.
I visualized you as that spark, living among the planets.
Waiting for the right time,
when a weak-hearted stranger, 
will look to the heavens for direction and hope. 
And just as she is about to cast her eyes downward in devastation, 
You will make of yourself a shooting star. 
And her heart will leap in her chest, 
and her hope will be resurrected as she wishes for joy. 
And her dreams will be restored, even just for a moment.

And you gave that to her.
And that is why I love you.

Even when I can't behold you,
I know you are shining.
Your spark will show up in my darkest moments, 
As a torch memory, to guide my path leading to
true love, true joy, true hope and true friendship.

JESS COFFMAN






"Loving Fire," is the second poem that was inspired by and I would like to dedicate to my glorious friends and teammates of the show "Dance The Night Away," with Transcendence Theatre Company. I'm honored and in awe of your beauty. These photos are all of incredibly rich moments that I shared with these friends. Moments of laughter, silliness, sharing, courage, aligning, opening and love. Thank-you for lighting me up with emotion, inspired words, praise and ultimately hope for the unconditional love that we all truly desire. Thank-you for truly seeing me. 

Bar Chickens, Jumping for Joy and Leaping for Love,

Your Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment