Saturday, September 3, 2016

"Kaleidoscope," a poem by Jess Coffman

My memories of you are like a kaleidoscope of joy in my mind.
Each new shift and shape, 
revealing a different face of God's artistry. 
His beautiful creation and hope for love, manifesting in each face.

My love for you is unlike anything I have ever known.

I have found my pack. The lone wolf can rest.
Even in my misgivings, you loved me.  
Even when I was humbled, I was not forgotten.
This family produced food for the spirit, that protected us, 
and kept us warm.

And We did It.
We loved the way we always feared that we would,
The way we always wanted to.
And now that It's done, 
It cannot be undone or replaced.
It will always be. 
It will always be. 
Transcendent love stretches beyond what we can perceive.

Thank-you for this love that is as mystifying as magic.
Accept that there are no tricks.
No illusions. 
Living love energy, that doesn't burn out with the distance. 
It listens on the wind, searching for another heart that needs fulfilling.

Thank-you for the blaze. 

Thank-you for best lived days.
Thank-you for reminding me that the whole is always stronger than the lone one,
that love can be unconditional if we choose it,
that we must hold loosely to love, and its okay if we lose it.

I am here, friends.
When your torch begins to flicker and give out with time,
You can always take of my light. 
I will give it away freely, and trust well when it's in your hands,
As I've entrusted you with my body and dreams.

Ignite yourself, so that you can enliven others. 

Then our collective lights, will create a string of brilliance 
to decorate this house, that we created as a haven.
Let us use our light to decorate darkness, if we cannot overtake darkness itself.

I hope you felt my love as much. 

I hope the purity of my intentions was clearer than anything. 
The intention to love you, uphold you, let you dazzle in my hands, as I trusted in your arms.

JESS COFFMAN

This is the final poem of three, that came out of a free write that I did, after my previous performance contract ended with Transcendence Theatre company. I am so grateful for each and every face that contributes to the the kaleidoscope of joy in my mind, when I think about that cast and crew of people. I have never had so many pieces of writing come out of me, that is inspired by a group of friends. It has been such a gift to have had this experience and then get to write about it. So much of my work has been about a romantic love for an individual or a spiritual love for God, but I've never quite had this influence by a group of friends before. It has been fulfilling and exciting. Thank-you my friends.

Peace, the pack and light,

Your Jess


I took this selfie within the "Wishing Garden" at Cornerstone Winery in Sonoma, CA. Each piece of ribbon had a wish written on it, from different people who had visited the garden. 
It was stunning, being surrounded by so many strangers' hopes and dreams. 
It took my breath away.
Some of these strangers wrote very personal things, and I could relate to them all.  
It was one of those moments that made me feel so connected to other human beings, because we all want the same basic things out of life.  
We all want good physical health for ourselves and loved ones, happy and loving relationships, freedom to explore who we are and the certainty of knowing that our individual lives have meaning and worth.
If you can...go to the Wishing Garden. It the best place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment