Thursday, September 8, 2016

"echoes of gold" a poem by Jess Coffman

The rooster calls,
My body's awake,
It's still and it's clenching,
Building to break.

The woodpeckers peck,
at the chest in my chest,
keeping the gold,
locked safe 'neath my breast.

Breath, sipped and shallow,
that surrenders to sighs,
that surrender goodbyes,
amidst weakening thighs.

I close my eyes softly,
accepting the gift,
As time watches wittingly,
"the present is swift."

Eyes seeping ocean,
Blue angels await,
Tension surmounting...
it quakes,
then abates.

Energy swirls,
golden flecks in the calm,
It blesses then settles,
as we lay palm to palm.

The silence is smooth,
soaked with mercy and peace,
We pull in so tightly,
And with awareness, release.

Each moment heavy,
like a single tear,
filling with grace,
dropping to disappear.

The breeze exhales,
cherishing my face,
it reminds me that fate
has a friendly embrace.

The woodpecker stops,
when my chest opens bare,
and a single gold coin,
floats to spin in the air.

I watch as the coin,
descends to our hands,
I let go in our grip,
So it properly lands.

I smile, as your fingers enwrap
'round my treasure.
Forever to keep,
of this moment of pleasure.

The look in your eyes,
whispers words with no voice,
They grant me the promise,
to honor this choice.

The rumble of bliss,
echoes across our hearts,
As wholeness concedes,
so the future can start.

JESS COFFMAN

No comments:

Post a Comment