Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Poetry of Lovers: 8 Simple Ways to Please Your Lover on a Wednesday!

I am tinkering with the idea of writing a book on romance. Now I know that there are many books on romance. But as a poet and therefore super-romantic, my goal for the book, would be to help those less vulnerable and more pragmatic individuals learn how to soften up and romantically please their mate.

Here are 8 easy romantic ideas, sure to please your lover!

1. Send your lover an unexpected compliment via text, preferably one that you don't say all of the time. It will be a pleasant surprise and sure to boost a low point in their day.

2. Send your lover a short video wishing them a good day at work. You can quickly and easily film yourself on your smart phone and send it right over. Feel free to send something short and sweet or wildly creative.

3. Write a love letter for your lover and hide it somewhere where they will find it, when the two of you are apart. Put a love note in her bag, or write it for him on the bathroom mirror when its all steamy, so that when he takes a shower later, the words "I love you," magically appear!

4. I'm Italian, so I believe nothing is better than a special meal made with love. Try cooking her/his favorite breakfast food or maybe recreate the meal you had on your first date. For my lover and I, it would be steak with "first-date sauce" and brussel sprouts. If you are not comfortable cooking, its okay! The effort you put in to look up a recipe and prepare a meal for sentimental value will gain major points. Even if the meal doesn't turn out so cute, you hopefully will have learned something about cooking and your lover will be so appreciative. Feel free to order take-out afterword if necessary!

5. Experience beauty in nature! Regardless of where you live or what season you are in, it is possible to find beauty and fun in nature. Take a walk, drive or hike to his/her favorite nature spot, admire the beauty in nature and admire your lovers beauty as well. Compliments are always welcome!

6. Recreate one of their favorite childhood memories, often times our personal romantic ideals, come from something beautiful that we experienced in childhood. In my life, I love finding hidden notes because my Mom used to hide love notes for me in my lunch bag. I also love being woken up for an adventure before the sun rises, because my Dad used to wake me up when it was still dark outside, to get donuts with him. Both unique experiences made me feel so special and loved. I can't think of anything more loving that my lover recreating what I first experienced love to be in life.

7. When you and your lover are alone together, give him/her a compliment that only you would know. It shows that you are paying attention, and possibly exposing something about themselves that they never considered to be adorable. For example: his childlike excitement for french bulldogs, the way she twitches as she drifts off to sleep, the way he flexes his biceps anytime you grab his arm or her beautiful bare back.

8. Tiny gifts, can be a huge gift for the heart! I am a firm believer that you don't have to spend huge amounts of money to be romantic. Tiny gifts that spark you and your lover to reminisce about great pastimes are wonderful! When my lover and I first started dating while performing for Disney Cruise Lines, we really learned how to enjoy simple pleasures. Back in those days, we would finish our shows, enjoy separate "beer showers," which is where you drink a beer in the shower, and then sneak Cup of Noodles back to my room from the crew mess. If I came home late from catering, and he had purchased my favorite beer so I could have a "beer shower," and then surprised me afterward with Cup of Noodles, I would be thrilled! But...if he happened to remember that I put chili paste, vinegar and soy sauce in my Cup of Noodles back in those ship days, and had bought those items too, I would probably cry. Sometimes the most romantic gestures are in the smallest of details.

Please let me know what you think of these ideas. If you have any personal romantic stories/ideas that you would like to share, please post or message them as well! Spread the love!


No comments:

Post a Comment