Thursday, August 1, 2013

"Where The Flowers Grow" a poem by Jess Coffman

Hello Everyone!

I have been all over the place for the past few weeks, New York, then L.A. and back to PA! I was having a bit of an arrested development creatively after I received some negative feedback on my poems. This past week on vacation, my Aunt Yvette and Grammy V, encouraged me to keep posting my poems even if they are controversial sometimes. This one today "Where The Flowers Grow," is not controversial at all. It is a poem that I wrote today, as a means to release some moving frustration that I have. Billy and I were supposed to move to NYC today, but after some paperwork setbacks, we are not going to be able to move until next week. I was incredibly irritable today, because we are completely packed up without a place to move in to. I am in this "no man's land" of transition. While sipping a chai latte and being inspired by a beautiful bouquet of deep purple flowers at Ultimo Coffee Shop this early evening, I wrote this self-soothing poem.

Where The Flowers Grow

I wish to be where the flowers grow,
Where the purple is rich, quiet and deep,
Where the air is clean, and the progress slow,
Where we cultivate calm and satisfying sleep.

I wish to be where my roots can settle,
Where my toes can pointe, strong and sunny,
Where love feeds color to my every petal,
Where peace coats my life like a soothing honey.

I wish to be where the flowers thrive,
Where a sprinkle and a smile makes the day,
Where there's peaceful abundance, you can't contrive,
Where home is a place I pick, to stay.

JESS COFFMAN


2 comments:

  1. This poem speaks to me especially when I moved from California to Oklahoma. All for the same reasons you mentioned. Of course, you used some of my favorites like pointe(dance), honey, and the color purple. Lol. Remember, home is where you hang your hat Jess. Keep inspiring us and making us reach into our own souls for reflections and answers no matter the content.
    ~ Aunt Yvette ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Yvette, you have no idea how happy it makes me that you read my poems! Thank you so much, it means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete