Wednesday, April 19, 2017

"The Flow," a poem by Jess Coffman

A summer leaf calls to me, 
Falling...
Right before brushing the meager creek's head,
A satisfying illusion!
She becomes a yellow Butterfly!
Flitting up into abundant beauty,
Flirting with my inspiration.

The slightest breeze, fills my lungs,
carrying delicate messages of acceptance and validation.
In this moment,
I know.
I am exactly where I am meant to be.

Kindred Oaks,
loom in abiding mercy.
Their tender leaves
twinkle a dainty "hello."
My tender heart, speedily beats a "hello," right back.

The merry, unwary Butterfly bounces,
Uninhibited.
In all of her boundless
freedom,
Stretching and Flapping
and Soaring.

Yet choosing to stay,
Musing away,
in her beautiful creek home.
Gracing every wild mint,
mossy rock,
and rejoicing bird,
with Her Elegance.
She exists in that Oneness World of...
The Flow.
She thrives within it.

Climbing higher with exuberance.
Then Gliding, Sweeping and
Riding the breeze, in her
natural state of Joy.

Neither food, nor sex nor compliment,
could transport me into
The Flow
like I am in this moment,
with this boundless Butterfly,
and steady Sun on my back.

A smile is wide, in my Being.
And I'm Full.
Fulfilled like before,
When I was first invited into,
and dazzled by the majesty of
The Flow

Time stops.
I am beholding, adoringly,
the steadfast,
yet precarious and exhilarating wait,
for the next breathless moment.

I am for now,
simply an Observer of
The Flow
Though, some unknown and glorious day,
I will join it.
I will Be.
I will know...
The meditations of the wise rocks,
The romances between the leaves and the winds,
The secrets in the heart of the inspirited
Yellow Butterfly.
This will Be.
I will Be.

JESS COFFMAN

No comments:

Post a Comment