Friday, January 22, 2016

"Wanderlove," a poem written by Jess Coffman

I want to love you, without the expectation that you will be the only one, I ever love. 
Will you love me and offer me the same? 
You know that you are New York to me. 
You know that you are Kansas City.
Every moment with you is sacred to me. 
I rest in your arms, and another color, is allowed and revealed. 
So much energy is demanded and expelled,
You lie in my arms and I'm temporarily healed. 
Home is ellusive.
I'll never be exclusively yours. 
Until I've traversed every road of my dreams.
Can't you see I'm not intending to leave a trail of heartache? 
You're not being left behind, we're escaping into a perfect moment in time together. 
Fully mindful of celebration. 
Don't diminish this as thoughtless promiscuity, 
It is my greatest hope that you'll let me just Be, in your beauty,
Leaving us both revivified. 
All questions of life, answered and overflowing with our life force. 
Don't diminish yourself as not good enough, not worthy of all of me. 
You're an entire city to me, sometimes a state.
Your charity, a blessing to me.
A gift I never will exchange,
Until I can be the loyal lover that comes with grey hairs, and a legacy pursued and left. 
Come along, be apart of the memoir...
The heart palpitations, the grandness of the journey, the expansiveness of the possibilities. 
I chase the tiny lustrous beam on the black road ahead, 
It's my inspiration and compass. 
My vision insanely clear, it's the only thing I know and trust. 
I offer you my hand now, to be my goddess tonight, to bask in the bright. 
To give all and take all. 
Let's be the lightning that tempts the river, the smile that infiltrates the soul of the Salt, 
A chance at home and goodnight peace. 
Be with me, hold in your body the 
Understanding that You are the Antidote that cures the 
Wanderlust. 
Come, beauty. Come. 
Rest, beauty.
Rest. 

JESS COFFMAN 

"Wanderlove" is a poem inspired by my dear friend Dru DeCaro. He is dear to me, because when we were younger, Dru made my musical dreams come to life. He is dedication. He is talented. And sometimes he is my Muse. We are both seekers, listeners, lovers and Italians, playing to create and eating with our eyes. Though we are trotting head high, on different paths to achieving optimum lives, we howl at the same moon. This poem was birthed after a long chat in NYC after he played on Jimmy Fallon. He's killin' it you guys. Our long whiskey chat roamed from love to legacy, and our unique and beautiful gypsy lives. And...to the unique and beautiful loves along the way, who are tattooed on our hearts, and will be written of in our memoirs. Here's to you Dru. Cheers! 

I would also like to thank Jonathan Bradford, for inspiring in me these words, concepts and feelings as well, during the time that this poem was written. 

Warmth, Love and Soul Wolves,

Your Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment