Tuesday, November 10, 2015

"him." a poem by Jess Coffman




him.
We're sitting in the exact place, 
Where he first began the smile, 
That's tattooing on my heart.

he is the source of happy sighs. 
he is the capturer of moments of peace for me. 
he is a preserver of rare beauty, 
An accomplice to my whims, 
A gentle wave that swirls in my chest, 
And disassembles my fears. 
A calm silver lining, 
Amidst the heaviness of flow in this place we call home.

Transplants attempting to plant roots in ourselves 
And each other,
But with hearts welded back together by our own unsteady hands. 
"Will moments like this be lost forever like breath in the winter?"
Shadows of sweet holding and vulnerable morning kisses, 
Give hope to a new beginning,
A wise and cautious rebirth. 

I'm whole without him
My Soul, a beam of Light that aligns me to my Creator.
But with him, I'm embraced in time, 
Made shiny in his sight. 

What a gift this moment is, 
To look the stunning sunset in it's adoring eye, 
And adore it right back,
To have an unquestioning gut, 
And a Full Heart. 

I close my eyes and feel his eyes on my face, 
Taking me in, 
In Prayer. 
Praying for us and thanking our Creator
For this Gift Of Today. 
I open, and look into his dark eyes, 
Seeing the Light On The Inside. 
And once again I surrender a happy sigh, 
And a silent swirl of Ecstasy. 

JESS COFFMAN


"There are some things that are only meant to be seen 
with your eyes and your soul, 
not to be captured on camera." - B.A.L.M


No comments:

Post a Comment