Monday, October 12, 2015

"In Grateful Love," a poem by Jess Coffman


In Grateful Love

In twisting uncertainty I leapt,
And you opened your arms to me,
In following my searching, though certain heart,
You provided for me,
That which every person seeks,
A home.
You let me cry in your arms,
You let me sleep in your bed,
You invited me to eat at your table,
You listened to far too many bumbling words.
You let my body rest,
When it should have kept working.
And through all of this,
 Your insane compassion and graciousness,
Saved my life.
Steven as Husband, Molly as Wife.
With this love, all things are possible.
All things can change.
Your greatest gift together might be
Your inclination and ability to hold a woman upright,
When she is bonelesss, broken.
You offered time and your intimate space for healing.
With a smile on my face and tears of
Gratitude on my cheek,
I bow to you.
The greatest performances of your lives,
may not be those you gift on the stage,
But the enduring gifts of love that heal others in your presence.
I am forever in debt to you.
A debt that I take on with pride,
As a promise to love you forever,
And use my life as a service to others,
As you have served me.
In loving honor, I celebrate your unbreakable strength together.
May you always choose mercy and devotion with yourselves and the world.
With a healed heart I breathe new life.

JESS COFFMAN


Happy 1 Year Anniversary to Molly and Steven Booth! This amazing couple, embraced me when I was struggling and heart-broken. 
You two have made so much of my happiness this whole year possible, starting with one of the happiest days of MY life, which was at your wedding! 



No comments:

Post a Comment