Friday, September 6, 2013

"My Shortest Skirt" a poem by Jess Coffman

I am not sure exactly what inspired me to write this poem the other day. I must have been looking down at my lower half and thinking how boring and grown up my pants looked. I don't particularly remember seeing a young girl in a slutty tight skirt or anything. I was simply standing in the subway station waiting for my train, when these words started rolling around in my head.

My Shortest Skirt

My Shortest Skirt, I give away,
With Hope that it will not bring Trouble,
To younger hips who are searching still,
Let a rose emerge among the rubble.

My memories, are lost in time.
When pleasant nights tuned into heartbreak,
A shadowy past, angers those I love,
The conscious mind suffers, for the heart's sake.

My Shortest Skirt, I give away,
As wrinkles settle round my lashes,
That I have earned from lessons learned,
As youthful embers fade to ashes. 

JESS COFFMAN 

2 comments:

  1. I think every women at some point in her life can relate to that one! The shortest shirt continues the Circle of Life! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for commenting! I love when you leave me little notes here. I am so glad that you connected with this one!

    ReplyDelete