Thursday, December 1, 2016

"Crackling Comfort," a poem by Jess Coffman

Side by Side,
chop and stir.
Each evening together
A Beautiful Blur.

Soft, soothed awes.
Pasta water bubbles.
Beats permeate our bones,
Removing any sense of troubles.

Pooches sit with patient eyes,
near crackling comforting fire.
Love is thick in Joyful Home,
Fulfilled, familial desire.

Hearts are calm,
With steady Knowing,
Sweetest Groove,
Moments slowing.

Drinking Presence.
Digesting Peace.
Never lost,
Hope Increased.

JESS COFFMAN


I am so grateful to Brooke Tansley and Scott Herrmann, for opening up their life and home to me yesterday. Brooke spent most of her day, taking me all around the adorable and kooky town of Guerneville. I was definitely charmed by their pooches, their tree home surrounded by 17 immense Redwoods and cozy neighborhood nuzzled up to a beautiful river. Brooke and I snuck up on an otter and a blue heron, when we walked down to the beach by their house, and were thrilled at our discovery. With the sun pouring over the water, making it twinkle and sparkle, I felt as though I was in gay/hippie/redneck heaven. 

But my favorite part of the day, was getting to see Brooke and Scott interact in their home together. The romantic wood-burning fire, was nothing compared to the immensely warm and gorgeous love that Brooke and Scott exuded for one another. As we listened to Herbie Hancock on the record player, and smiled by candlelight, I felt incredibly inspired to write about their love, while watching them chop green peppers and mushrooms side by side. As they served Grant and I with wine, food and friendship, I wrote this poem, completely in love with their love. They are thoughtful, thankful playful and absolutely lovely to one another. Thank-you, Brooke and Scott for blessing me with inspiration, dreams for my future and words of love to write.

Peace, Pasta and Abundance,

Your Jess




These gorgeous murals were within a housing community in Bed Stuy, Brooklyn. 
I photographed them after volunteering with a 
food rescue and redistribution organization, called City Harvest. 
I loved the warm blues, peace, connectedness, 
sense of community and love between the individuals depicted. 
I thought that Brooke and Scott would really enjoy them too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment